5.23.2011

oklahoma.

As many of you may not know, there is a big Oklahoma presence here in Haiti especially at Mission of Hope. It’s incredible! We had some OU athletes serving with us here last week and so many of my Haitian friends talked about their arrival for months before they came. Some of the athletes came last year and clearly made a big impact here. If I’m not talking OU sports then I’m talking Thunder basketball which is an extremely great topic right now. My friend Wesly, who is my Haitian counterpart, is one of the biggest fans. It’s so much fun! I unfortunately can’t watch many of the games, but Wesly and friends watch when they have power and keep me updated. We spend the beginning of every morning after a game talking all about it. LOVE it! Who knew I would still be able to talk Oklahoma sports all the time in Haiti. God is good.

THUNDER UP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment